Sunday, April 5, 2009

Makeup Design by Lisa

Summer Blossoms IV by Kate Knight
Summer Blossoms IV


Well, I've been busy ordering products for my makeup kit. Most of the makeup I'll be using will be Pure Skin Minerals from www.littlestuff4u.com . Sandra is great and her products are beautiful and very affordable. She was very willing to work with me to get this done. Just have a few more notecards to fill out offering makeup to the six families getting married in our church. I just got my business cards on Friday, so I'm almost good to go!

This morning in my women's Bible study, we were discussing the topic of self image and how as women we face the challenge to not focus outwardly or to base our self image on the way the world views beauty. There is a study by Laurie Cole whom I saw recently on Life Today that I would really like to get. It's called Beauty by the Book, found here: https://www.priorityministries.com/shop/prodcategory.php?c=22
It goes through all of the women of the book of Proverbs, not just the Proverbs 31 woman that Christian women are so familiar with. I have heard many a Christian woman sigh with exhasperation at the high goals of the Proverbs 31 woman, that she sounds too perfect and not obtainable, but I disagree. Why shouldn't we as Christians strive for the very best? Sometimes we settle for good when the Lord has his best waiting for us. Wouldn't that also apply to our role models? Why would he give us a mediocre woman to aspire to? Anyway, I think this would be an interesting book study to do at this time in my life of returning to the field of makeup. Keep me focused. Maybe I can bring some of what I learn to my clients, helping them to realize their true beauty in the eyes of the Lord.
May the Lord truly bless your day...
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    I just Loooooove your blog!
    I follow it everyday. It reminds me so much of a blog written by a woman named Jewel!
    Thank you so much for blessing the public wih your writting.
    Yours Truly,
    Your Daughter,
    Eloise

    ReplyDelete

Followers